Bokeh effects are easily to apply thanks to this set of 20 Photoshop brushes. The set includes a variety of different shapes and sizes. This set of brushes was created in Photoshop CS4 but has been tested to work as far back as CS2.
The best way to use these brushes is simply to experiment and see what you like. Here are some simple instructions to get you started:
- Place a gradient on a layer using any color(s) or technique that you like.
- Create a group on top of that gradient layer, and set the group to Color Dodge.
- Select a brush and set the foreground color to white.
- Apply the brush on a layer in this new group and then apply a gaussian blur (experiment with the radius of the blur).
- Add more layers in the group and experiment be changing the size of the brush and of the blur.