The use of the hover effect is rapidly becoming commonplace in today’s eCommerce websites. This special effect is much more than a simple attention-getter. Hover effects, no matter how subtle their use, can serve as valuable navigation aids to the user, while reducing the click path.
Maybe the most important function of a hover action is to provide users with extra information, without clicking away. This translates in a richer experience, and if used smartly, could result in better results, conversion wise.
A cool example of a homepage – a fashion shop
This theme, a relatively new one, has the hover effect down to a fine art. As a result it is already winning strong points within the web design community.
Why Hover Effects and eCommerce Go Together
Let’s look a little deeper into the various ways in which this special effect can be put to use:
- A hover effect can be used to instantly display key information about a product – as opposed to making a user “click here” to find the same information. Reducing click paths can mean a better user experience.
- The hover effect can enable a visitor to see different views of a product, or highlight important details.
- Hovering can cause photos to zoom, move, or change size or even shape.
- This special effect can be used to show a user information about a link, before clicking on that link.
- Hover can be used to give the user some options before committing to a specific action or making the user familiar with a certain functionality
Hover effects are also nicely put into perspective in a minimal homepage design approach
These are the more common uses of the hover effect. If you take the time to think things through, you’ll find that you can incorporate a wide range of useful features into your eCommerce site, and trigger any of them simply by hovering.
4 Sharp Hover Effects on an eCommerce Category Page
If we think of a e-commerce category page as a landing page, hover effects could be looked at as elements that are important, conversion wise. In 2016, such landing pages are no longer simple product presentations, but engaging, captivating pages, focused on relevant information.
Since hover effects can play such an instrumental role in conversions, it only makes sense to incorporate these effects in strategic places on key landing pages, as shown in these XStore examples.
Examples of hover effects available in the XStore WordPress theme
Another way a simple hover can inform a user, and keep that user engaged, is to use it to show the price on top of a product. This saves the user a click, while shopping.
Or, you can combine hover with a minimalist design, to keep a category page clear and uncluttered. In this case the user is presented with options, or can add an item to the shopping cart or a wish list. No need to search for a cart button. It isn’t needed.
Provide a sense of visual equilibrium by using a hover effect to display an image in a darker shade.
Or, try a vertical photo effect to create an interesting perspective that adds to a stylish style. You can also see what’s in your cart as you continue to shop.
These four examples don’t simply show you the options hover gives you. They really show that the sky is the limit as to how you can put this special effect to good use.
XStore – an eCommerce WordPress Theme with Plenty of Promise
This new eCommerce WordPress theme was created by the 8Theme team, a Power Elite Author on ThemeForest with plenty of experience in creating wonderful WP themes, as over 28,000 customers will attest to.
- Visit the XStore website, and view the demos. They are modern, fresh in appearance, and just itching to be transformed into beautiful websites.
- XStore has a powerful Admin Panel that makes selecting and implementing the many available options an easy task.
- Options include column, sidebar, slideshow, and full-width grid. You also have a choice of 9 different shop styles, and a wide selection of product pages to work with.
- Page speed is important in the eCommerce world; with XStore, superior page speed is a given.
Additional key features include Revolution Slider and Visual Composer, blog layout options, and built in megamenus. You will be able to create stunning eCommerce sites without any need for coding, plus with your purchase you’ll receive lifetime updates.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of XStore.