Too often businesses only consider online methods of advertising for getting potential customers to their website. Offline advertising can also reach large audiences and bring new visitors to your website. If you don’t already have a domain name, choose one that’s easy to remember. Some offline methods of marketing your website will require the user to remember the address. Running special promotions can be especially effective for offline methods (such as advertising a special coupon or promotion that can be obtained by visiting your website).
Listed below are several possible methods to advertise your website offline. Using a combination of methods will produce the best results.
- Place ads in newspapers and magazines mentioning your website
- Advertise on TV or the radio.
- Run a billboard advertisement that includes your website address.
- If you have an office or store, post signs, banners and posters promoting your website.
- Collect email address at your store or office from your customers.
- Run a contest in your office to help collect email addresses. A common method is collecting business cards for a drawing. If you plan to email people that give you their business cards, you need to notify them at the time you get the business card.
- If you have a mailing list, include your website address on items that you mail. Announce parts of your website that have recently been added or updated.
- Make sure your website is listed with your ad in the yellow pages.
- If your business is listed in a chamber of commerce directory (online and print version), have your website is included in the listing.
- Include your website on your business cards, stationary and all other printed materials (brochures, menus, flyers, handouts, pens, mugs, t-shirts, etc.).
- Post your website on any sign that you have outside of your business.
- Always list your website on your answering machine or voicemail.
- Include your website on fax cover sheets.